April 17, 2014
Going, going, gone!
The limited-edition Mopar ’14 Challenger, the latest FCA US LLC vehicle to come straight from the factory already upgraded with Mopar products, sold out the first day it was made available to dealers.
With only 100 built, the Mopar ’14 Challenger is the rarest limited-production Dodge Challenger offered to date.
Continuing the success of the Mopar ’10 Challenger, Mopar ’11 Charger, Mopar ’12 300 and Mopar ’13 Dart, the new Challenger provides owners with plenty ideas for personalizing their rides with Mopar products—even before driving away from the dealership.
Many unique features contributed to the Mopar ’14 Challenger’s quick sellout, including two exterior color options and three Mopar Blue stripe options. A 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine rumbles beneath the Satin Black Shaker hood scoop, while exterior design elements include 20-inches-8-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels with Mopar center caps, a unique Black Vapor grille surround, a black fuel-filler door, a Satin Black deck-lid spoiler with Gloss Black “Mopar Design” badge and “Mopar” quarter-glass decals.
The interior is upgraded with premium leather seats featuring Mopar Blue accent thread and Mopar Omega M logos embroidered on the seat backs. Other unique touches for the limited-edition ride include a serialized instrument panel plaque, “Mopar” branded key fobs, a custom-crafted personalized owner’s kit with a Mopar ’14 brochure and much, much more. Of the 100 orders placed on the first day, 52 orders for the Pitch Black exterior paint version were received, while 48 opted for the newly offered Bright White option.
“The very high demand for the Mopar ’14 Challenger spotlights the success of our limited-edition, Mopar-modified vehicles, and also clearly demonstrates the passion our customers have for personalizing their rides,” Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care Brand, said.
If you already own a Dodge Challenger, the good news is a few minutes spent working the Mopar catalog can help upgrade your car to one that comes really close to one of the special the Mopar ’14 Challengers.
Here’s a shopping list to get you started:
- Shaker hood kit: The calling card for the Challenger R/T and the Mopar ’14 is the Shaker hood, a modern interpretation of the performance modification from the 1970s. The Mopar kit includes a hood with a cutout for the engine-mounted air scoop. Air from the scoop is routed through a cold-air induction kit with low-restriction air filter. The Shaker hood kit fits Challengers as far back as the 2008 model year with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8. The Shaker hood is popular, so heck mopar.com or your local FCA US retailer for availability.
- Cat-back performance exhaust system: With HEMI power under the hood, why not announce that you mean business with a stainless steel performance cat-back exhaust system that reduces back pressure and delivers a throaty roar during acceleration.
- Wheels: Dress up your Challenger with a set of 20-inch wheels, with either a bright or dark finished and a clear-coat covering. Mopar offers at least nine 20-inch wheel options for the Challenger.
- Rear spoiler: Give the folks in your rearview mirror something interesting to look at with a rear spoiler with a matte black finish.
- Stripes: The Mopar catalog offers a variety of stripes to choose from, including the A-line stripe similar to the one used on the Mopar ’14. Other stripes are designed for the hood, roof and trunk lid. Stripes are available in a variety of colors to accent your car’s color.
- Leather-covered seats: Dress up the interior of your Challenger with Katzkin leather seat coverings from Mopar. The seat coverings are available in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Pistol grip shifter: The finishing touch for a heritage-inspired muscle car is a pistol grip shifter for cars with a manual transmission. If your ride has an automatic, Mopar offers a classic-looking T-handle shifter.
All these accessories can be added to at the dealership or if you’re the hands-on type of person; in your garage. Either way, the Mopar catalog has the parts to take your Dodge Challenger or any Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram or FIAT to the next level.
Visit the official Mopar website to learn more about the limited-edition Mopar ’14 Challenger.
Article based on a post by Under The Hood, official blog of the Mopar brand. To read more stories like this, check out Under The Hood.