Dealerships to Hire 5,000 Service Techs by End of 2018
April 25, 2017
When it comes to maintaining your vehicle, you probably want the best, most knowledgeable service technician working under your hood.
In fact, Mopar is making service a priority by raising the bar when it comes to training future generations of dealership technicians and honoring its top-performing mechanics. FCA US has recruited technical training schools from across the United States to train the next generation of dealership service technicians, which will in turn, be hired for thousands of jobs at dealerships by the end of next year.
“We envision that the majority of our dealerships will be located within roughly an hour’s drive from the nearest certified-training facility,” said John Fox, Director of the FCA Performance Institute. “So far, FCA US has successfully enlisted 50 local community colleges, technical colleges and vocational schools that are training the next generation of highly skilled dealership service technicians.”
Through its program – Mopar CAP (Career Automotive Program) LOCAL – FCA US will continue to grow this network of schools. Ultimately, FCA US would like to have more than 100 certified training sites across the country to help its dealerships staff service bays with highly trained service technicians.
Mopar CAP LOCAL prepares technicians to work as Level 1 Certified Technicians upon graduation from a certified two-year training institution. In as little as 24 months, students can earn a two-year associate’s degree in Automotive Technology or equivalent.
In addition to the Mopar CAP and Mopar CAP LOCAL technician training programs, FCA US has a variety of programs in play to attract, train and retain service technicians, as well as other dealership employees, including its Mopar Top Tech program which recognizes top-performing, elite technicians at FCA US dealerships.
Superstars of the Service Lane
Earlier this year, Mopar honored 1,000 high-performing technicians and selected 27 “Top Tech” award winners from more than 25,000 eligible technician candidates across FCA US dealer network. The Mopar “Top Tech” program, introduced in 2014, recognizes elite-performing technicians in categories including Fixed First Visit (FFV) scores, dealership tenure and training achievements.
From training to becoming one of the top technicians in the business, Mopar stands behind its people that want to help keep your vehicle in tip-top condition.
Do you have a “Top Tech” dealership technician in your area? The roster of 27 Mopar “Top Tech” award recipients encompasses technicians from 15 states:
- Ted Ashenfalder, Bangor, Pennsylvania – Dotta Auto Sales
- Kevin Buska, Racine, Wisconsin – Palmen Dodge Chrysler Jeep® Ram
- Steve Decknatel, Kimball, Minnesota – A.M. Maus & Son
- Chuck Fischer, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin – Reed Chrysler Sales
- Charles Frankum, Macon, Georgia – Five Star Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Eric Hartman, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania – Beaver County Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- Kelvin Lapham, Wayland, Michigan – Wayland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Al Lorentsen, Riverhead, New York – Riverhead Dodge Ram
- Wayne Mumford, Fresno, California – Fresno Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Jeff Murray, Phoenix, Arizona – AutoNation Chrysler Dodge
- Woody Odell, Abilene, Texas – Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- William Ostmeyer, Topeka, Kansas – John Hoffer Chrysler Jeep
- Gene Palmreuter, Frankenmuth, Michigan – Schaefer & Bierlein Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
- Robert Paul, Farmington Hills, Michigan – Suburban Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Eric Pastagal, Lynnfield, Massachussets – Kelly Jeep Chrysler
- Thomas Perry, Tustin, California – Tuttle-Click’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
- Walter Petrucci, Titusville, Florida – Titusville Chrysler Jeep Dodge
- Mark Purrier, New Ulm, Minnesota – Maday Motors Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep
- Jeremy Sanner, Charleroi, Pennsylvania – Rotolo’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Robert Sawicki, Chicago, Illinois – Napleton’s Northwestern Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep
- Edward Shaw, Albuquerque, New Mexico – Melloy Dodge
- Cesar Silva, West Palm Beach, Florida – Arrigo Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- Andrew Spinks, San Diego, California – San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Steve Tribotte, Rochester, New York – Cortese Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
- Robert Wert, Midwest City, Oklahoma – David Stanley Dodge
- Karl Wuepper, Scottsdale, Arizona – Chapman Dodge Chrysler
- Hector Zavala, Huntsville, Texas – Team Dodge Chrysler Jeep